Every year we search for our favorite paper to wrap gifts in. There is something so special about giving a gift that is not only thoughtful but also beautiful to unwrap. These gifts also sit under our trees for the weeks before Christmas, so why not have them be beautiful? Today we are sharing some of our favorite resources for great wrapping paper. This year you can bring your holiday gift wrapping to the next level.
What To Look For When Shopping For Gift Wrap
When it comes to purchasing gift wrap there are a few different things we look for.
- Unique patterns that compliment your holiday decor. I love to select paper that coordinates with our holiday decor. Mixing patterns, colors and textures to keep it interesting and special. I honestly treat it like I would a design project, considering color saturation, pattern play, and scale!
- Quality paper that won’t rip while wrapping. Is there anything more annoying than wrapping a present and having the paper rip half way thru? Using a higher quality paper is so important to avoid headache and frustration.
- Consider special ways to accessorize the package once it’s wrapped. Think outside the box. Add an ornament. Add some fresh greenery. Anything that is simple but also makes the package feel special.
Our Favorite Gift Wrap Sources
- Paper Source: Paper Source is a great place to find all sorts of beautiful gift wrap. They have high quality, unique paper that changes with the seasons. They carry some of our favorite collections, including Riffle Paper and Kate Spade.
- Sugar Paper LA: Could be our soul sisters of the west coast. Seriously Sugar Paper has it figured out when it comes to beautiful feminine paper and accessories. We can’t get enough of them and love that they now have a line with Target!
- Target: I must say Target has really stepped up their game. On top of their collection with Sugar Paper, Chip and Joanna Gaines just launched their Hearth and Hand line with gorgeous masculine wrapping paper. We bought a few roles this year and its high quality, beautiful, and so fun to mix with the feminine Sugar Paper line!
What’s your favorite way to wrap presents? Do you have a favorite place to shop for beautiful gift wrap? We would love to hear!