Another month and another Monthly Edit! All summer I tend to dread fall coming, not because I don’t love Fall but because here in MInnesota Fall only means one thing… winter. If we could just have our fall season last 6 months and lead right into spring, I would be a happy camper.
We have a lot of exciting things happening at BHI this fall, and had an amazing end of summer in August. Here are some of my top moments this month.
September’s Monthly Edit
- Have you had a chance to see the Coastal Living Idea House this year? Designed by one of my favorites, Mark D. Sikes, the home embraces our passion for blue and white with a fresh coastal vibe. Wish it was closer so we could have seen it in person!
2. This week started the 2017 Fall Parade of Homes here in Minnesota and we are lucky enough to have worked on 2 of the Dream Homes this year. I love that these 2 houses are in totally different neighborhoods, with totally different vibes.
#66 on the tour is the home we worked on with SD Custom Homes. This home is a custom, pre-sold home that we designed hand in hand with the client. The attention to detail in this house is insane! It includes a hidden tv panel in the great room, motorized chandelier in the foyer for easy cleaning and bulb changing. A dumb waiter for the pantry from the garage. Custom millwork throughout the entire home. We were able to do all of the construction selections as well as all the furniture and decor in this home, not a detail was missed!
#167 on the tour is the home we worked on with Landmark Building Co. This home is a spec home and by has the most unique details we have ever worked on in a home. We were lucky enough to team up with Andrea Swan of Swan Architecture, Brian Grabski of Designed and Made Cabinetry, and the team at Landmark Building Co. This was truly a collaborative effort and we couldn’t be prouder of how the house turned out! The home is Mediterannean Classic in style, has some killer cabinetry in it, and for a small footprint this house has a lot of space. This home is for sale and we can’t wait to see who buys it! For more details contact the team of Ben Ganje of Sothebys.
3. I spoke in Denver, Colorado last month at Gail Doby’s Genius Exchange for Interior Designers, and I shared my best practices for defining your brand on Instagram. I by no means have the most followers out there, but I have a strong point of view on how to define your brand. The question I get asked most often is how do you stay on top of it? I wanted to share my all time favorite app for scheduling Instagram posts with you all… this app has been a LIFESAVER for me! It’s called Planoly. The app allows you to plan, schedule, and post your instagram pictures in probably the easiest way possible. They just added a feature that allows you to save hashtags that are organized by category- for the die hard ‘gramers. It’s legit you guys.
4. With all the styling we have been doing these past few weeks for the Parade of Homes we have come across some adorable accessories that were too good not to share! A cute tea pot from World Market, my favorite coasters from Draper James, and our favorite outdoor pillows from Pottery Barn.
5. We collaborated with Southern Living Magazine and Levelor to discuss our tips on how to create a cohesive vibe throughout your home using the style you love. I’ve always been a Southern Living Magazine lover so this project was beyond exciting for us! To read the entire article click here.
6. Have you checked out Club Monaco lately? Their new fall line is killer and I may or may not have added all these pieces to my wardrobe 😉
You can shop all these and a few more below 🙂
7. This past summer we found out one of our favorite clients is moving to India! We helped design her place there, and we are excited as we plan our trip to India to visit this February. We are going to be multi tasking while we are there. A big goal is to find some beautiful rugs that we can bring back to the states with us! We are gathering inspiration now as we plan on sourcing while we are there. If you have any tips on traveling to India please send them our way 😉
8. One more fashion share… It’s all about comfort and beauty when it comes to shoes for me. The days of wearing high heels are over. Between dropping kids off, running to dirty jobsites in between client meetings, shoes that are practical are everything for me! I stumbled upon these adorable Uggs slide ons and have loved wearing them already! The color is the perfect shade of gray, they are comfortable and still feel somewhat dressy.
9. I love when we stumble onto a new source for accessories and decor. We came across The Maryn this month and are loving everything they have to sell on their site. It’s tribal meets feminine meets classic style… here are a few of our favs…
10. Finding new people to follow on Instagram is always so fun. I especially love to follow other designers. You feel almost an instant connection with them! I came across Andrew Howard’s account this month and my gosh does he know how to give you a good belly laugh. He’s totally relatable as he has young children, and loves to share the pains and real life moments of being a working parent with young children. He’s definitely #onetofollow.
Thanks for reading another Monthly Edit with us! I just love sharing all of our finds with all of you!