There are so many details that go into planning a holiday gathering. What will be served? Who’s coming? Where will everyone sit? With all of the planning that goes into hosting, don’t forget to consider the details of how you will display all of those tasty recipes and treats. Whether you choose to go buffet style, prefer to host everyone at one table, or a mix of both, there are simple details that can really spruce up any presentation. Here are some easy tips to spruce up your holiday serving displays:
1. Get Creative With Your Place Cards: There are so many different ways to get creative with place cards, by using different materials. Try using mini chalkboards, or even hints of nature, like acorns or mini-wreaths. When trying new recipes, it’s always a good idea to place a label next to the item, so guests know what it is that they’re dishing up.
2. Mix and Match Serving-ware: Just because you’re hosting a larger number of people, doesn’t mean you have to go out and buy a new matching set of tableware just to accommodate everyone. Use what you have, and mix-and-match different styles to create a unique look.
3. Mix in Flowers & Decor: By mixing in smaller flower arrangement, candles, and festive decor, you’ll make you’re spread look fuller; without having to maximize the cooking!
4. Layer: By layering the height of your serving dishes, you’ll not only add interest to your serving display, but you’ll also maximize table space. For a buffet style display, try layering different bars or desserts on 2 or 3 cake platers.
5. Add Pattern: Make your look more festive by mixing patterns in your table runners and napkins.
6. Create Stations: Use a bar cart, or extra tables to create a hot cocoa bar, dessert, or drink station through out the space. This will keep guests moving, and avoid the traffic jam that usually occurs at the kitchen’s center island.
Enjoy these tips and happy hosting!