Team BHI is hiring and we are looking for a Lead Designer and Senior Design Intern to join our growing team! If you are interested in learning more about the positions, see the following descriptions and links to apply. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We’re a growing interior design firm and looking to add to our design team! We have a position of Lead Designer available, and are looking for the right person to work with our team of designers, stylists, marketing and more. This position requires someone with great leadership qualities, a great communicator who is organized and can help bring the BHI brand to life through our designs. We’re looking for someone who loves to collaborate, is flexible and detail focused.
- Plan and manage projects through all phases of development including pre-design, schematic design, design development, construction documents and administration.
- Understand contractual liabilities as they relate to designers, architects, owners and proejcts including fee calculations.
- Work directly with clients and is the point person for the entire project
- Approve orders for projects
- Manage the day to day with design staff
- Design boards for presentations along with required material costs and estimates
- Installations at client homes
- Develop business relationships with builders, architects, realtors and developers
- Additional job responsibilities
- 2-4 year degree in Interior Design
- 4+ years experience as a designer or assistant designer in residential design
- Basic accounting
- Utilize Photoshop, PowerPoint, Design Manager, Word and Excel
We currently are working on projects all across the US and travel is a must for this position. We love our work culture and are looking for the right person to fit in with a fun, loving group of hard working employees!
Click Here to Apply for the Lead Designer Position!
Fall Senior Design Intern
We are hiring a Senior Design Intern to join our team this fall to help with all of our residential design projects! Our internship program will allow you to shadow our design team as well as complete hands on tasks.
• Part-time, paid internship.
• 2 days a week
• 3 month commitment (start date flexible).
• Currently pursuing a degree in Interior Design and in your Junior or Senior year.
• Decorating and construction processes.
• Worksheet completion.
• Pricing process.
• Basic CAD completion.
• Resource discovery.
• Resource updates.
• Window treatment and wallpaper estimating.
• Designer history research.
• Understanding the elements of style.
• Understanding scale.
• 10 site visits.
• Attend selection meeting.
• Attend Intro meeting.
• Electrical walk-through.
• Client measure meeting.
• Home styling with Stylist.
• Time spent at IMS and preferred showrooms.
Culture is everything to us! We are looking for someone that is caring, a team player, and likes to work hard with a fun group of women. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you!